Essence Magazine held its 3rd annual Street Style Block Party in DUMBO last Saturday in celebration of NYFW2016. Hosted by Essence.com's Dana Blair and Co-hosted by Naturi Naughton from the hit STARZ TV series "POWER".
The event championed real women with head-turning style during the day-long affair as a stylish sea of enthusiast, designers, stylists, bloggers and local fashion vendors came together to celebrate the art of personal style. Sponsored by Chevrolet and Shea Moisture the event was a super cool mix of music, fashion, and art culture good vibes and fun!
ESSENCE also presented its 2016 Street Style Award to the hottest bloggers, designers, fashion stylists and trendsetters of 2016, including singer Kelly Rowland, celeb stylist Law Roach, dancer/actress Khadija Shari, fashion blogger, Blake Von D and designer Romeo Hunte. This year's cool activities featured:
- Performance by singer Ayo Jay
- Live fashion show co-hosted by actress Naturi Naughton for "The Best of Attendee Street Style"
- Shopping experiences featuring local designers and local vendors
- An interactive Kids Zone with face painting
- ESSENCE Eats featuring curated local food truck vendors
Check out our exclusive "INSIDE THE COOL" highlight video of the intoxicating good culture vibes and gorgeous fashion fun!
All photos were sourced from Zimbio Images from photographer Bennett Raglin.